Image and Sound Museum
Preserves the audiovisual memory of Paraná. It has more than one million items, including discs, photographs, audio tapes, documents and movies. Created on February 6, 1969, the MIS was inaugurated by Minister Tarso Dutra, Governor Paulo Pimentel and Cândido Martins de Oliveira, Secretary of Culture. It is the second oldest Museum of Image and Sound in the country, behind only MIS-RJ. Since its inception, the museum has undergone several changes of venue.
In 1989, the MIS moved to the headquarters in Rua Barão do Rio Branco, former Government Palace, which became the definitive headquarters of the museum. In 2003, the building had serious structural problems and needed renovation and restoration work to ensure the integrity of the collection. For this reason, the technical staff and the collection were transferred to an alternative space in the Santa Cândida neighborhood. The process of reform and restoration took place almost 10 years later, in the first administration of governor Beto Richa (2011-2014), and on April 13, 2016, MIS-PR was reopened at its official headquarters in the Palácio da Liberdade . The headquarters building of the Museum of Image and Sound was built between the years of 1870 and 1890 by the Italian engineer Ernesto Guaita. It is Historic and Cultural Patrimony registered by the State since June 20, 1977.
Rua Barão do Rio Branco, 395 – Centro, Curitiba – PR, Brasil